Wednesday, February 2, 2011

February what

I CAN'T believe today is February 2nd!  I don't even know where January went but I am happy that we are closer to spring.  Especially after such a beautiful warm day.  This weather is CRAZY, just heard Skip say that highs tomorrow are in the 40's :/ 

We have actually stayed home every night this week!  That is unheard of.  I am happy to say that Mallory is eating so much better.  I guess her pickiness was just a phase because now she will eat pretty much whatever we are eating.  That's one less thing for me to stress about.  The girl was living off of goldfish for a little while & I was feeling like a terrible mommy. 

On a not so positive note, Mallory has had a meltdown every morning this week.  For some reason, after I dress her she just loses it saying "No!, Off!, Ike it!" {which she means as - Don't like it} all the while crying & stomping.  She mostly pulls at her pants like she doesn't want them on.  The first day, we changed her pants three different times & it was the same thing every time.  Since then, I tell her she has to wear what I put on her.  I just can't get over such diva-like behavior at 18 months old???  I hope this isn't a sign that worse behavior is to come & I REALLY hope that us just ignoring it & making her wear the first outfit we put on her will nip this in the bud STAT. 

Mallory's Easter dress came in yesterday!  I ordered it online from a shop that does Facebook sales.  I have become quite addicted to commenting SOLD! on the cute little things that catch my eye & so far I have been very pleased with everything I have purchased.  When I saw this dress, it wasn't a very good picture.  It only showed the top of the dress, but I thought for $30 it was a great deal so I got it.  I know the picture below is really crappy (taken with my cell) & it needs ironing but y'all I LOVE it.  The material is so soft & it's so well made.  I'm sure I would have paid at least double if I had bought the same dress from a local store.  Yayy for a good deal!!     
   

I think Mallory has figured out the whole preschool thing because the drop-off this morning did not go so well.  She cried.  A lot.  I stood there looking at her teachers like what do I do??  They both motioned that I just needed to leave, so I did.  I called to check on her thirty minutes later & they said she was okay, she was playing.  Then after lunch, her babysitter {who picked her up} emailed me & said that she had asked "Mommy coming?" when leaving preschool.  Ahhh...heartbreaking. 

That's our last few days in a nutshell.  Happy Wednesday :)

No comments:

Post a Comment